$96.00 - 25 mg
$336.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Teichomycin, Tecoplanin, Targocid, Teicomid, 8327A, DL 507IT, L 12507, MDL 507, MW 1900
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- C88H97Cl2N9O33 (for A2-2)
- Molecular Weight
- 1879.7 (for A2-2)
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Teicoplanin complex is family of closely related metabolites produced by Actinoplanes teichomyceticus. Teicoplanin complex possesses potent broad spectrum antibiotic activity against Gram positive bacteria, including MRSA and E. faecalis. The metabolites share a common glycopeptide core (teicoplanin A-3) on which a family of fatty acids varying in length, degree of saturation and branching are linked as amides through one of the aminoglycoside moieties. The major component of the complex is teicoplanin A2 which itself has five major components (teicoplanin A2-1 to A2-5) and four minor components (teicoplanin RS-1 to RS-4).
- Teichomycins, new antibiotics from Actinoplanes teichomyceticus nov. sp. Parenti F. et al., J. Antibiotics 1978, 31, 276.
- Teicoplanin. Goldstein B. P. et al., In: Glycopeptide antibiotics edited by Nagarajan R. Dekker New York. 1994, 273.