BIOAUSTRALIS DISCOVERY PLATES©
The BioAustralis Discovery Plates are a collection of 812 microbial metabolites and semi-synthetic derivatives. The BioAustralis Series I collection is comprised of known and rare microbial metabolites drawn from talented microorganisms sourced mainly from Australia with diverse biological activity. Many metabolites represent opportunities for repurposing known actives, while others have hitherto undiscovered biological roles.
What is included:
- One set of 10 ready-to-use, labelled plates
- 96-wells in clear flat-bottomed, untreated, lidded polystyrene plates.
- 9 plates of 84 compounds and 1 plate of 56 compounds; Row A empty.
- Each well holds 1 µg of compound in 1 µL DMSO, giving a final bioassay concentration of 5 µg/mL for a total assay volume of 200 µL and 10 µg/mL for a total assay volume of 100 µ
- Plate map identifying the compound and its BioAustralis catalogue number for retrieval of product information.
Shipping and long-term storage conditions:
The plates will be shipped by courier under cold chain or ambient conditions, depending on shipping time. Recommended long-term storage -20oC or preferably -80oC.
A concentration of 5 – 10 µg/mL is regarded as an appropriate concentration for discovery of biological activity. Unlike synthetic random libraries, all natural products should be considered as potentially active depending on the bioassay. Typically, we expect an indicative hit rate of 0.5 – 1% in a new bioassay. In most bioassays, 1uL of DMSO diluted to a maximum concentration of 1% does not have an adverse effect on assay performance.
To place an order or ask a question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.