$133.00 - 25 mg
$466.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Dactinomycin, Actinomycin IV, Actinomycin Au3, Actinomycin B1, Actinomycin BiV, Actinomycin C1, Actinomycin DiV, Actinomycin Fo, Actinomycin I1, Actinomycin S2, Actinomycin X1, Auranthin A3, Auranthin C, NSC 3053, Chuoungwamycin B
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >99% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Actinomycin D is the most studied member of a family of unique bicyclic depsipeptides produced by several Streptomyces species. The depsipeptides are linked by a heterocyclic benzoxazone "anchor" that gives the metabolites a highly distinctive red/orange colour. Actinomycin D exhibits potent antibiotic and antitumor activity via DNA intercalation leading to the inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis. Tumor cell death has been demonstrated to occur by apoptosis.
- Actinomycin. Part V. The structure of actinomycin D. Bullock E. J. Chem. Soc. 1957, 3280.
- Apoptosis induced by actinomycin D, camptothecin or aphidicolin can occur in all phases of the cell cycle. Glynn J.M. et al., ; Biochem. Soc. Trans. 1992, 20, 84S.
- Influence of DNA base sequence on the binding energetics of actinomycin D. Bailey S. A. et al., Biochemistry 1993, 32, 5881.