$56.00 - 5 mg
$196.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Ag Streptomycin, Agri-Strep, Agrimycin 17, Agrimycin sulfate, Ambistryn, Ambistryn S
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Streptomycin, a metabolite of Streptomyces griseus, was first published as an antibiotic active against Gram positive and Gram negative organisms by Schatz, Bugle and Waksman in 1944. Streptomycin was the first aminoglycoside antibiotic and first effective treatment for tuberculosis. Streptomycin binds to the small 16S rRNA of the 30S subunit of the bacterial ribosome irreversibly, interfering with the binding of formyl-methionyl-tRNA to the 30S subunit.
- Streptomycin, a substance exhibiting antibiotic activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Schatz A. et al. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1944, 66, 60.
- Mechanism of action of streptomycin in E. coli: interruption of the ribosome cycle at the initiation of protein synthesis. Luzzatto L. et al. Proc Nat Acad Sci.1968, 60, 873.
- NCI Thesaurus 2021 https://ncithesaurus.nci.nih.gov/ncitbrowser/