$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 3-Phenyl-2-propenoic acid; 3-Phenylacrylic acid; NSC 623441; NSC 9189; Phenylacrylic acid; beta-Phenylacrylic acid
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Cinnamic acid is a common plant metabolite, biosynthetically formed by the action of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) on phenylalanine. Cinnamic acid is a member of the phenylpropanoid class of lignin biosynthetic precursors. Cinnamic acid is produced by many microorganisms but is also readily produced by fermentation on media containing plant extracts. The biochemical and pharmacological activity of cinnamic acid has > 13,000 entries in SciFinder and is well reviewed by Guzman (2014) and Sharma (2011). Cinnamic acid a useful standard for analytical and bioassay dereplication.
- Production of Streptoverticillium cinnamoneum transglutaminase and cinnamic acid by recombinant Streptomyces lividans cultured on biomass-derived carbon sources. Noda S. et al., Bioresource Tech. 2012, 104, 648.
- Mangrove actinomycetes as the source of ligninolytic enzymes. Niladevi K N. et al., Actinomycetologica 2005, 19, 40.
- Chemical characterization and spectroscopic analysis of the solubilization products from wheat straw produced by Streptomyces strains grown in solid-state fermentation. Hernandez-Coronado M.J. et al., Microbiology 1997, 143, 1359.
- Cinnamic acid derivatives: A new chapter of various pharmacological activities. Sharma P., J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2011, 3, 403.