$67.00 - 1 mg
$235.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 2-Aminopteridine-4,6-diol, 6-Hydroxy-2-amino-4-hydroxypteridine, NSC 41836, NSC 91557
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol with 0.3% v/v ammonia
Download Data Sheets
Xanthopterin is a polar yellow pigment that has long been known as a metabolite of wasps and butterflies. Xanthopterin inhibits proliferation of primary renal proximal tubule and LLC-PK cells while in a growth phase and malignant human prostate PC-3 cells in a concentration and time dependent manner. Differential effects on cell growth were seen dependent upon the cell origin and their state of proliferation. Xanthopterin is a biomarker for human liver disease. Xanthopterin is poorly soluble in most solvents.
- Uber das vorkommen der pterin in wespen und schmetterlungen und uber einige neue beobachtungen am leukopterin und xanthopterin. Schopf. C. et al. Justus Liebigs Ann Chem. 1933, 507, 266.
- Differential effect of xanthopterin and biopterin on cell growth. Rubenstein M. et al. Int J Biochem. 1993, 25, 1873.
- A comparative study of urinary xanthopterin and neopterin in liver diseases. Fukuda A. et al. Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. 1993, 31, 129.