$300.00 - 5 mg
$1,050.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Cebin V, Eskalin V, Eskamicin, Stafac, Stephylomycin, Mikamycin, Ostreogrycin, Patricin, Pristinamycin, Streptogramin, Vernamycin.
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- C28H35N3O7 (for M1), C43H49N7O10 (for S1)
- Molecular Weight
- 525.6 (for M1); 823.9 (for S1)
- >99% by HPLC (75% Virginamycin M1, 20% Virginiamycin S1, 5% Other minor analogues)
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in DMF or DMSO. Limited solubility in ethanol and methanol. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Virginiamycin complex is defined as a mixture of 75% ostreogrycin A (virginiamycin M1) and 25% virginiamycin S1, together with the less abundant S analogues. As the two major components have quite different solubilities, these proportions are not readily achieved or used. BioAustralis has isolated and re-combined the individual components to provide the defined components of virginiamycin complex. The composition of the complex is important as Virginiamycin S1 acts a synergist, binding to the conformational change of the peptidyl transferase centre of the 50S ribosome induced by ostreogrycin A.
- The structures of the minor components of virginiamycin S. Vanderhaeghe, H. et al., Tet. Lett. 1971, 2687.
- Virginiamycin: nomenclature. Crooy P. and De Neys R. J. Antibiot. 1972, 25, 371.
- A new species of Streptomyces producing virginiamycin family antibiotics. Ogata, K. et al., J. Antibiot. 1978, 31, 1313.