$276.00 - 5 mg
$966.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Ostreogrycin B, Pristinamycin IA, Streptogramin B, Syncothrecin B1, Synergistin B, Vernamycin Balpha, Virginiamycin 1A, NSC 125176, 14725-1, PA 114B, RP 12535
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Virginiamycin B is a depsipeptide antibiotic co-produced with ostreogrycin A, together used as a synergistic mixture. Virginiamycin B, also known as ostreogrycin B and streptogramin B among other synonyms, was discovered independently and named by several groups, leading to considerable confusion in the literature. Virginiamycin B acts a synergist, binding to the conformational change of the peptidyl transferase centre of the 50S ribosome induced by ostreogrycin A.
- Preparation and properties of an antibiotic complex E129. Ball S. Biochem. J. 1958, 68, 24P.
- Inhibition of protein synthesis by streptogramins and related antibiotics. Cocito C. et al., J. Antimicrob. Chemotherap. 1997, 39, 7.
- Sites of interaction of streptogramin A and B antibiotics in the peptidyl transferase loop of 23 S rRNA and the synergism of their inhibitory mechanisms. Porse B. T. and Garrett R. A. J. Mol. Biol. 1999, 286, 375.