$613.00 - 25 mg
$175.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Adriamycin, 14-Hydroxydaunomycin, FI 106, K 1039, KW 125, NSC 123127
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >99% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Doxorubicin (adriamycin) is the most extensively studied of a family of highly fluorescent anthracycline antibiotics produced by several Streptomyces species, first reported in 1967 and later approved for human therapeutic use as an antitumor agent for the treatment of a wide range of cancers. Doxorubicin also exhibits anti-HIV and antibacterial activity. The mode of action of doxorubicin is thought to be due to intercalation of DNA and inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis.
- Adriamycin (14-hydroxydaunomycin), a novel antitumor antibiotic. Arcamone F. et al., Tet. Letters 1969, 13, 1007.
- Interference by doxorubicin with DNA unwinding in MCF-7 breast tumor cells. Fornari F.L. et al., Mol. Pharmacology 1994, 45, 649.
- Effect of Adriamycin on DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis in cell-free systems and intact cells. Momarier R. et al., Cancer Research 1976, 36, 2891.