$205.00 - 1 mg
$718.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- N-acetylpyrrothine, Farcinicine, Acetopyrrothine
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in DMF or DMSO. Moderately soluble in methanol or ethanol. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Thiolutin is an antibiotic first described by Tanner and co-workers in 1950. Resurgent interest in this class of microbial metabolites was stimulated by the discovery of their selective antitumor activity. Thiolutin is a potent inhibitor of bacterial and yeast RNA polymerases, and also inhibits mannan and glucan formation in fungi. Thiolutin suppresses tumor cell-induced angiogenesis in vivo.
- Studies on a common hydrolysis product of thiolutin and aureothricin. Celmer W.D. and Solomons I.A. Antibiotics Annual 1953, 622.
- Anticancer property of dithiolopyrrolones. Webster J.M. et al., 2000, US Patent 6,020,360.
- Thiolutin inhibits yeast ribonucleic acid polymerases. Tipper D.J. J. Bacteriol. 1973, 116, 245.
- Thiolutin, an inhibitor of macromolecular synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mode of action. Jimenez A. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1973, 3, 729.