$63.00 - 25 mg
$221.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Thiocymetin, Thiophenicol, Win 5062-2, NSC 522822
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Thiamphenicol is a semi-synthetic chloramphenicol prepared by total synthesis from thiophenol in which the nitro moiety of chloramphenicol is replaced by a methylsulphone, first synthesised at Sterling Winthrop in 1952. Thiamphenicol is a broad spectrum antibiotic with good activity against Gram negative and anaerobic bacteria. Thiamphenicol acts by binding to the 23S sub-unit of the 50S ribosome inhibiting protein synthesis. Thiamphenicol has been extensively studied with over 800 literature citations.
- New antibacterial agents. 2-Acylamino-1-(4-hydrocarbonylsulfonylphenyl)-1,3-propanediols and related compounds. Culter R.A. et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1952, 74, 5475.
- New antibacterial agents. II. An alternate synthesis of dl-threo-2-dichloro-acetamido-1-(4-methylsulfonylphenyl)-1,3-propanediol. Suiter C.M. et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1953, 75, 4330.
- In vitro activity of chloramphenicol and thiamphenicol analogs. Neu H.C. & Fu K.P. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1980, 18, 311.