$189.00 - 0.50 mg
$662.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- NSC 66645, Protomycin, Streptimidon
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Streptimidone (protomycin) is a glutarimide antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces spp. first reported in 1959. Streptimidone is active against a wide spectrum of fungi and protozoans, including Entamoeba hystolica in vitro and in vivo. Streptimidone also exhibits herbicidal activity against several monocotyledons in the preemergent phase. Streptimidone acts as an inihibitor of protein biosynthesis by binding to 80S ribosomes.
- The antiamebic effect of protomycin, a new antibiotic isolated from the culture filtrate of a species of streptomycetes. Hirabayashi A., J. Antibiot. Ser. A 1959, 12, 298.
- Biological studies of streptimidone, a new antibiotic. Kohberger D.L., Antibiot. Chemother. 1960, 10, 9.
- Inhibitors of protein synthesis on 80S ribosomes phase shift the gonyaulax clock. Taylor W.R. et al., J. Exp. Biol. 1982, 97, 121.