$96.00 - 5 mg
$336.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- C119H154ClN21O40 (for A2)
- Molecular Weight
- 2554.1 (for A2)
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Ramoplanin is a complex of three high molecular weight glycolipodepsipeptides, varying in the chain length and shape of the dieneone lipid side-chain. Ramoplanin was isolated in the early 1980s as the major metabolite of a strain of Actinoplanes with antiviral and antibiotic activity against drug resistant Gram positive isolates. Ramoplanin acts by inhibiting cell wall biosynthesis via a different mechanism from the vancomycin-related glycopeptides.
- A-16686, a new antibiotic from Actinoplanes. I. Fermentation, isolation and preliminary physico-chemical characteristics. Cavalleri B. et al., J. Antibiot. 1984, 37, 309.
- Bactericidal activity of ramoplanin against antibiotic-resistant enterococci. Johnson C.C. et al., Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1992, 36, 2342.
- Ramoplanin: a lipoglycodepsipeptide antibiotic. Farver D.K. et al., Ann. Pharmacother. 2005, 39, 863.