$80.00 - 25 mg
$280.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Stylomycin dihydrochloride, CL 13900 dihydrochloride, CL16536, NSC 3055, P638 dihydrochloride.
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Puromycin dihydrochloride is a salt of puromycin, a nucleoside antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces alboniger in the 1950s as an anti-trypansomal agent with antibiotic activity. While the salt shares the same pharmacological properties as puromycin free base, its greater water solubility offers advantages in some in vitro applications. Physicochemical properties and chromatographic behaviour will depend on whether the pH is buffered. In non-pH controlled systems, the free base and salt may behave differently.
- Achromycin, the structure of the antibiotic puromycin. Waller C.W.J., Am. Chem. Soc. 1953, 75, 2025.
- Biosynthesis of puromycin by Streptomyces alboniger. Characterization of puromycin N-acetyltransferase. Vara J. et al., Biochemistry 1985, 24, 8074.
- Unexpected cytokinetic effects induced by puromycin include a G2- arrest, a metaphase-mitotic-arrest, and apoptosis. Davidoff A.N. & Mendelow B.V., Leuk. Res. 1992, 16, 1077.
- Effect of puromycin analogues and other agents on peptidyl-puromycin synthesis on polyribosomes. Petska S. et al., Antimicrobial Agents Chemother. 1973, 4, 37.