$231.00 - 1 mg
$809.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- (+)-Paspalinine, 11-Hydroxypaspalicine, Paspalinin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Paspalinine is a tremorgenic diterpene indole alkaloid first isolated from Claviceps paspali by Clardy and co-workers in 1980 and subsequently detected in various Penicillium and Aspergillus species. Paspalinine is a causative agent of neurological disorders in cattle feeding on pastures infected with Claviceps paspali, possibly due to inhibition of high-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ (maxi-K) channels. Paspalinine has anti-insectan properties.
- Paspalinine, a tremorgenic metabolite from Claviceps paspali Stevens et Hall. Gallagher R.T. et al. Tetrahedron Lett 1980, 21, 235.
- Paspalum staggers: isolation and identification of tremorgenic metabolites from sclerotia of Claviceps paspali. Cole R. et al. J Ag Food Chem 1977, 25, 1197.
- Tremorgenic indole alkaloids potently inhibit smooth muscle high-conductance calcium-activated potassium channels. Knaus H-G. et al. Biochem 1994, 33, 5819.