$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 2,4-dihydrox-6-methylbenzoic acid; 6-methyl-beta-Resorcylic acid; Orcinolcarboxylic acid; Orsellic acid+O47
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Orsellinic acid is a common salicylic acid unit in the biosynthesis of secondary metabolites in actinomycetes, fungi and lichens, formally isolated from Chaetomium cochliodes in 1959. Orsellinic acid is a key biosynthetic intermediate of many depside metabolites in lichen and fungi with over 100 citations in Scifinder up to 2016. Orsellinic acid is also an important polar co-metabolite present in many fungi, notably Trichomonacea, however its contribution to overall bioactivity is not well understood. Orsellinic acid is a useful standard for bioassay and analytical techniques for dereplication of common co-metabolites.
- Das vorkommen von orsellinsaure in Chaetomium cochliodes. Mosback K., Z. Naturforsch. 1959, 14B, 69.
- Production and biosynthesis of orsellinic acid by Penicillium madriti G. Smith. Birkinshaw J.H. and Gowland A., Biochem. J. 1964, 84, 342.
- Isolation and identification of orsellinic acid and penicillic acid produced by Penicillium fennelliae Stolk. Van Eijk G.W., Anton. van Leeuwenhoek 1969, 35, 497.