$343.00 - 1 mg
$1,201.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 5-demethyl-5-ethylnonactin, AKD 1B
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Monactin is a member of the macrotetrolide complex produced by a range of Streptomyces species. Monactin has not previously been available for intensive investigation. Early literature reported that the related dinactin is a monovalent cation ionophore with high selectivity for ammonium and potassium. Monactin inhibits T-cell proliferation induced by IL-2 and cytokine production at nanomolar levels for IL-2, IL-4, IL-5 and IFN-γ.
- Effects of cyclosporin A and dinactin on T-cell proliferation, interleukin-5 production, and murine pulmonary inflammation. Umland S. P., et al., Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol., 1999, 20, 481.
- Immunosuppressive effects of polynactins (tetranactin, trinactin and dinactin) on experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis in rats. Tanouchi Y., et al., Jpn. J. Ophthalmol., 1987, 31, 218.
- Antibiotics as tools for metabolic studies. VI. Damped oscillatory swelling of mitochondria induced by nonactin, monactin, dinactin, and trinactin. Graven S. N., et al., Biochemistry, 1966, 5, 1735.