$74.00 - 5 mg
$259.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Mitomycin, Mitomycin S, Mitiromycin E, Ametycine, Mitocin C, Mutamycin, NSC 26980
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Moderate water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Mitomycin C is the most studied of a family of highly distinctive blue/purple metabolites produced by several Streptomyces species. Mitomycin C exhibits potent antibacterial and antitumor activity and inhibits DNA synthesis by intercalation, blocking nuclear division with the induction of apoptosis in cancer cells.
- Mitomycin, a new antibiotic from Streptomyces. I. Hata T. et al., J. Antibiot. 1956, 9, 141.
- DNA sequence specificity of mitomycin cross-linking. Teng S.P. et al., Biochemistry 1969, 28, 3901.
- Mitomycin C induces apoptosis in a caspases-dependent and Fas/CD95- independent manner in human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. Park I.C. et al., Cancer Lett. 2000, 158, 125.