$100.00 - 1 mg
$350.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Aureolic acid, Mithracin, Plicamycin, Mitramycin, A 2371, LA 7017, NSC 23559, PA 144
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Mithramycin A was the first of the aureolic acid class of antitumor antibiotics, isolated from Streptomyces. Mithramycin inhibits transcription and protein synthesis by non-covalent binding with G-C-rich duplex DNA in the presence of magnesium and zinc ions. Mithramycin also induces differentiation of leukemic cells accompanied by an early decrease in c-myc expression, and selectively inhibits collagen-1 gene expression in human fibroblasts.
- Aureolic acid, a new antibiotic. I. Microbiological studies. Grundy W. E. et al., Antibiot. Chemother. 1953, 2, 1215.
- Aureolic acid group of anti-tumor antibiotics. Berlin Y. U. et al., Nature 1968, 218, 193.
- Mithramycin selectively inhibits the transcriptional activity of a transfected human c-myc gene Ray R. et al., Am. J. Med. Sci. 1990, 300, 203.
- Mithramycin selectively inhibits collagen-alpha 1(I) gene expression in human fibroblast. Nehls M. C. et al., ; J. Clin. Invest. 1993, 92, 2916