$199.00 - 0.50 mg
$697.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 1-Methyl 2-(1E)-1-hexen-1-yl-3-methylbutanedioate
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Methyl piliformate is the methyl ester of piliformic acid produced by Xylaria sp.. Methyl piliformate has modest antimalarial activity. Little else is published on the bioprofile of the methyl ester, however its parent is reported to have mild inhibitory activity against Propionobacterium acnes, inhibiting the P. acnes-induced pro-inflammatory cytokines production in THP-1 cells. Piliformic acid is active against the plant fungal pathogen Colletotrichum gloeosporioides with MIC 2.92 μmol/mL and has antileishmanial activity.
- Metabolites of the higher fungi. Part 22. 2-Butyl-3-methylsuccinic acid and 2-hexylidene-3-methylsuccinic acid from xylariaceous fungi. Anderson J.R. et al. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans. 1 1985, 1481.
- Antimalarial halorosellinic acid from the marine fungus Halorosellinia oceanica. Chinworrungsee M. et al. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2001, 11, 1965.
- Leishmanicidal compounds of Nectria pseudotrichia, an endophytic fungus isolated from the plant Caesalpinia echinata (Brazilwood). Barros Cota B. et al. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2018, 113, 102.
- The potential of compounds isolated from Xylaria spp. as antifungal agents against anthracnose. Elias L.M. et al. Braz J Microbiol. 2018, 49, 840.