$287.00 - 0.50 mg
$1,005.00 - 2.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Elactocin, ATS 1287B, CI 940, CL 1957A, PD 114720, Mantuamycin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >99% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol or methanol. Poor water solubility. Ethanol recommended. Unstable in DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Leptomycin B is the dominant and most studied member of the leptomycin class, isolated from selected Streptomyces strains. Leptomycin B is a nanomolar active and specific nuclear export inhibitor. Its target is CRM1/exportin1, a protein in the nuclear export sequence (NES). Proteins affected include c-Abl, cyclin B1, HIV-1 Rev, IκB, MPF, MAP/ERK, MDM2/p53, NF-κB/IκB7 and PKA. Leptomycin B inhibits export of many RNAs, e.g. COX-2 and c-FOS mRNA. Leptomycin B also shows antifungal, antibacterial and potent antitumor activities.
- Leptomycin B, an inhibitor of the nuclear export receptor CRM1, inhibits COX-2 expression. Jang B.C. et al., J. Biol. Chem. 2003, 278, 2773.
- Leptomycin B inhibition of signal-mediated nuclear export by direct binding to CRM1. Kudo N. et al., Exp. Cell. Res. 1998, 242, 540.
- Nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of C-ABL tyrosine kinase. Taagepera S. et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1998, 95, 7457.