$177.00 - 5 mg
$620.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Dihydroavermectin B1a, Ivermectin, 22,23-Dihydroavermectin B1a
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Ivermectin B1a (dihydroavermectin B1a) is the major component (>80%) of the commercial anthelmintic, ivermectin. Members of the avermectin/milbemycin anthelmintic class exert their anthelmintic effects by binding to glutamate-gated chloride channels expressed on nematode neurones and pharyngeal muscle cells. The avermectins and milbemycins are also potent insecticides. The individual 25-sec-butyl (B1a) and 25-iso-propyl (B1b) components of ivermectin have received little separate study.
- Ivermectin, a new broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent. Chabala J.C. et al., J. Med. Chem. 1980, 23, 1134.
- Glutamate-gated chloride channels and the mode of action of the avermectin/milbemycin anthelmintics. Wolstenholme A.J & Rogers A.T. Parasitology, 2005, 131, S85.
- Avermectin/milbemycin resistance in trichostrongylid nematodes. Gill J.H. & Lacey E. Int J. Parasitol. 1998, 28, 863.