$291.00 - 1 mg
$1,019.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- A 30912, A 22082, 7810, SL 7810F
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Echinocandin B is the major analogue of a family of lipopeptides isolated from several species of Aspergillus, reported in 1974. Echinocandin B is a potent antifungal and acts by inhibiting the synthesis of β-(1,3)-D-glucan, an essential component of the cell wall of susceptible fungi.
- Metabolites of microorganisms. 143. Echinocandin B, a novel polypeptide-antibiotic from Aspergillus nidulans var. echinulatus: isolation and structural components. Nyfeler R. & Keller-Schierlein W. Helv Chim Acta. 1974, 57, 2459.
- Lysis of growing yeast-form cells of Candida albicans by echinocandin: a cytological study. Cassone A. et al., Sabouraudia 1981, 19, 97.
- Echinocandin inhibition of 1,3-beta-D-glucan synthase from Candida albicans. Sawistowska-Schröder E. T. et al., FEBS Lett. 1984, 173, 134.