$51.00 - 1 mg
$179.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Bethabarra Wood, C.I. 75490, C.I. Natural Yellow 16, Greenhartin, Ipe-tobacco Wood, Lapachol Wood, NSC 11905, NSC 629756, Surinam Greenheart Wood, Taigu Wood, Taiguic acid, Tecomin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Lapachol is a yellow pigment derived from Lomatia sp. noted in an 1895 publication by Rennie, University of Adelaide, Australia. Lapachol is strongly active against the mollusc Biomphalaria glabrata and its egg masses (IC50 2.70 ppm and 1.43 ppm, respectively). Lapachol is active against the parasites Trypanosoma cruzi, Schistosoma mansoni, Leishmania amazonensis and L. braziliensis. Lapachol has a minimum larvicidal/larvistatic concentration (MLC) of 0.5 mg/mL when tested against Toxocara canis in vitro.
- LXXXI.—A colouring matter from Lomatia ilicifolia and Lomatia longifolia. Rennie E.H. J Chem Soc Trans. 1895, 67, 784.
- Lomatiol. Part II. Its occurrence, constitution, relation to and conversion into lapachol. Hooker S. J Am Chem Soc. 1936, 58, 7, 1181–1190.
- Anthelmintic activity of lapachol, β-lapachol and its derivatives against Toxocara canis larvae. Mata-Santos T. et al. Rev Inst Me. Tro. Sao Paulo 2015, 57, 197.