$177.00 - 0.25 mg
$620.00 - 1 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 6-Desmethylgriseofulvin, 6-O-Demethyl Griseofulvin
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
6-O-Demethylgriseofulvin is one of two demethyl metabolites of griseofulvin produced by oxidative metabolism in vivo. Griseofulvin is a potent antifungal that acts by binding to fungal tubulin and inhibiting the mitotic spindle.
- Synthesis in the griseofulvin series. III. Chloro analogs and 6'-demethylgriseofulvin. Taub D. et al. Angewandte Chemie 1962, 74, 586.
- Oxidative demethylation of carbon-14-labeled griseofulvin by liver microsomes of rats and mice. Chang R.L. et al. Biochem Pharmacol. 1973, 22, 1389.
- Griseofulvin inhibits fungal mitosis. Gull K. & Trinci A.P.J. Nature 1973, 244, 292.