$256.00 - 1 mg
$896.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Lanthiopeptin, Ro 09-0198
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Cinnamycin (lanthiopeptin) is a high molecular weight tricyclic antibiotic produced by several species of Streptoverticillium. Cinnamycin is a potent indirect inhibitor of phospholipase A2, acting by specifically sequestering phosphatidylethanolamine (PE), a major component of the mammalian plasma cell membrane. Cinnamycin induces trans-bilayer phospholipid movement in cell membranes to expose internally bound PE. At high surface concentrations of PE, cinnamycin induces membrane reorganisation including membrane fusion and alteration of gross morphology.
- Lanthiopeptin, a new peptide antibiotic. Production, isolation and properties of lanthiopeptin. Naruse N. J. Antibiot. 1989, 42, 837.
- Duramycins B and C, two new lanthionine containing antibiotics as inhibitors of phospholipase A2. Structural revision of duramycin and cinnamycin. Fredenhagen A. et al., J. Antibiot. 1990, 43, 1403.
- Mode of action of the lanthionine-containing peptide antibiotics duramycin, duramycin B and C, and cinnamycin as indirect inhibitors of phospholipase A2. Märki F. et al., Biochem. Pharmacol. 1991, 42, 2027.