$56.00 - 25 mg
$196.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Jerva acid, Jervaic acid, Jervasic acid, NSC 3979
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Chelidonic acid occurs in numerous plants, including Chelidonium majus. Chelidonic acid has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activity, inhibiting mast cell degranulation and IL-6 prodution by blocking NF-κB and caspase-1 in HMC-1 cells. Chelidonic acid up-regulates BNDF in animal models, evoking an antidepressant-like effect.
- Occurrence and distribution of chelidonic acid in various plant families. Ramstad E. Pharm Acta Helvetiae 1953, 28, 4145.
- Effects of chelidonic acid, a secondary plant metabolite, on mast cell degranulation and adaptive immunity in rats. Singh K. et al. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016, 40, 229.
- Inhibitory effects of chelidonic acid on IL-6 production by blocking NF-κB and caspase-1 in HMC-1 cells. Shin H-Y. et al. Immunopharmacol Immunotox. 2011, 33, 614.