$100.00 - 1 mg
$350.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Cytovarin, Bla-S, 21544, A83094C, NSC 91770
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Blasticidin S is a nucleoside produced by several species of Streptomyces, first reported in the late 1950s. Blasticidin S is an antifungal agent with particularly potent activity against the rice pathogen, Piricularia oryzae, for which it was used commercially for some time in Japan. Blasticidin S inhibits protein synthesis and is active against bacteria, tumor cell lines and nematodes. More recently, blasticidin S has been used as a marker for strain manipulations. Blasticidin S provided by BioAustralis is presented as the free base to avoid problems associated with the use of the hydrochloride.
- Blasticidin S, a new antibiotic. Takeuchi S. et al., J. Antibiot. 1958, 11, 1.
- Nucleoside antibiotics. Suhadolnik R.J. pub. Wily-Interscience. 1970, 298.
- Blasticidin S-resistance gene (bsr): a novel selectable marker for mammalian cells. Izumi M. et al., Exp. Cell Res. 1991, 197, 229.