$56.00 - 1 mg
$196.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- (+)-Betulinic acid, Betulic acid, Lupatic acid, NSC 113090, β-Betulinic acid
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Betulinic acid is a pentacyclic lupane terpene, first published in 1917. Betulinic acid is isolated as a constituent of various tree species, including birch. Betulinic acid has antiviral, antibacterial, antimalarial, Anti-inflammatory, anthelmintic and Antinociception properties. Betulinic acid induces apoptosis via caspase activation and also disrupts the mictochondrial membrane, induces DNA fragmentation and suppresses aerobic glycolysis via interaction with Cav-1. Derivatives of betulinic acid are active against bacterial biofilms.
- Chemical studies of the Myrtaceae. II. The constituents of Syncarpia laurifolia Tenn. Hodgson D. et al., Aust. J. Chem. 1960, 13, 385.
- Betulinic acid and its derivatives: A review on their biological properties. Yogeeswari P. & Sriram D., Curr. Med. Chem. 2005, 12, 657.
- Betulinic acid suppresses breast cancer aerobic glycolysis via caveolin-1/NF-κB/c-Myc pathway. Jiao L. et al., Biochem. Pharmacol. 2019, 161, 149.