$166.00 - 0.10 mg
$581.00 - 0.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- (-)-Aureonitol, (2S,3R,4S)-Aureonitol
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Aureonitol is a tetrahydrofuran isolated from Chaetomium sp. that acts like a transcriptional regulator for the biosynthesis of other secondary metabolites. The absolute configuration was confirmed in 2008. Aureonitol inhibits influenza A and B virus replication, being more effective against influenza A (H3N2) with EC50 of 100 nM. Aureonitol acts via inhibition of hemagglutination significantly impairing virus adsoption. Aureonitol has low cytoxicity with a IC50 value of 1426 μM.
- Rearranged tetrahydrofurans from Chaetomium cochlioides. Abraham W.R. & Arfmann H-A. Phytochem. 1992, 31, 2405.
- Total synthesis and proof of relative stereochemistry of (−)-aureonitol. Jervis P.J. & Cox L.R. J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 7616.
- Targeted disruption of transcriptional regulators in Chaetomium globosum activates biosynthetic pathways and reveals transcriptional regulator-like behavior of aureonitol. Nakazawa T et al. J Am Chem Soc. 2013, 135, 13446.