$100.00 - 5 mg
$350.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Ambylan, EL 857, EL 857/820, Nebramycin II, Nebramycin factor 2
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Apramycin is a structurally unique broad spectrum aminoglycoside antibiotic that contains a bicyclic sugar moiety and a monosubstituted deoxystreptamineactive. Apramycin inhibits the translocation step of bacterial protein synthesis and induces translation errors. Apramycin is marketed for veterinary use for treatment of Gram negative bacteria. Resistance to apramycin is conferred by production of ribosomal acetyltransferase.
- Apramycin, a unique aminocyclitol antibiotic. O’Connor S. et al. J Org Chem 1976, 41, 2087.
- Apramycin, a new aminocyclitol antibiotic: I. In vitro microbiological studies. Walton J.R. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1978, 4, 309.
- Effects of apramycin, a novel aminoglycoside antibiotic on bacterial protein synthesis. Perzynski S. et al. Eur J Biochem 1979, 99, 623.
- Resistance to apramycin in Escherichia coli isolated from animals: detection of a novel aminoglycoside-modifying enzyme. Hedges R.W. and Shannon K.P. J Gen Microbiol 1984, 130, 473.