$166.00 - 0.10 mg
$581.00 - 0.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Ansamitosin P 3, Antibiotic C 15003P3, Maytansinol isobutyrate, NSC 292222
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Ansamitocins, a new group of ansamycin antibiotics with potent antitumor activity, were first reported in the journal Nature in 1977 by researchers from Takeda Chemical Industries. Anisomitocin P3 is the 3-O-methylpropanoyl derivative of maytansinol produced by bacteria rather than maytansinoid-producing plants. Ansamitocin P3 inhibits the growth of several eukaryotic microorganisms but has no activity against prokaryotic microorganisms. The acyl moieties at the C-3 position of ansamitocins are essential for their antifungal activities. Ansamitocin P3 targets cell division protein FtsZ, the analogue of β-tubulin in bacteria.
- Ansamitocin, a group of novel maytansinoid antibiotics with antitumour properties from Nocardia. Higashide E. et al. Nature 1977, 270, 721.
- Ansamitocins, maytansinoid antitumor antibiotics: Producing organism, fermentation, and antimicrobial activities. Tanida S. et al. J. Antibiot. 1980, 33, 192.
- Effects of new antimitotic antibiotics, ansamitocins, on the growth of murine tumors in vivo and on the assembly of microtubules in vitro. Ootsu K. et al. Cancer Res 1980, 40, 1707.