$166.00 - 0.10 mg
$581.00 - 0.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- AME, Alternariol 9-O-methyl ether, Djalonensone, NSC 638262
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Alternariol monomethylether was first reported by Raistrick and colleagues in 1953. Alternariol and its monomethyl ether analogue occur in mycelium of Alternaria tenuis responsible for alternaria cone disorder in hops and fruit spot on papaya (Carica papaya) and Passiflora spp. Alternariol monomethyl ether has broad biological activities, including inhibition of the AhR/ARNT pathway, which mediates induction of CYP1A1 and apoptosis, inhibition of monoamine oxidases and of progesterone synthesis.
- Studies in the biochemistry of microorganisms. 90. Alternariol and alternariol monomethyl ether, metabolic products of Alternaria tenuis. Raistrick H. et al. Biochem. J. 1953, 55, 421.
- Studies in the biosynthesis of fungal metabolites. 4. Alternariol monomethyl ether and its relation to other phenolic metabolites of Alternaria tenuis. Thomas R. Biochem. J. 1961, 80, 234.
- The Alternaria mycotoxins alternariol and alternariol methyl ether induce cytochrome P450 1A1 and apoptosis in murine hepatoma cells dependent on the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. Schreck I. et al. Arch. Toxicol. 2012, 86, 625.