$302.00 - 5 mg
$1,057.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Staphylomycin S, PA 114B2, Antibiotic 899, A1745Z3B, Factor S
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >99% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Virginiamycin S1 is one of a family of depsipeptide antibiotics co-produced with ostreogrycin A and used as a synergistic mixture. Virginiamycin S1, also known as Staphylomycin S and Factor S among other synonyms, was discovered independently and named by several groups, leading to considerable confusion in the literature. Virginiamycin S1 acts a synergist, binding to the conformational change of the peptidyl transferase centre of the 50S ribosome induced by ostreogrycin A. Virginiamycin S1 differs from virginiamycin B in lacking the dimethylamino moiety on the phenyl ring.
- The structures of the minor components of virginiamycin S. Vanderhaeghe, H. et al., Tet. Lett. 1971, 2687.
- Virginiamycin: nomenclature. Crooy P. and De Neys R. J. Antibiot. 1972, 25, 371.
- A new species of Streptomyces producing virginiamycin family antibiotics. Ogata, K. et al., J. Antibiot. 1978, 31, 1313.