$96.00 - 5 mg
$336.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Dehydrorelomycin, Tylosin A
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Moderater water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Tylosin is a 16-membered macrocyclic lactone isolated from Streptomyces fradiae in 1961. Tylosin has broad spectrum antibacterial activity and was developed as a veterinary pharmaceutical for treatment of bacterial infections in a range of domestic animals. Tylosin acts by binding to the 50S ribosomal subunit resulting in the inhibition of protein synthesis in bacteria.
- Tylosin, a new antibiotic. I. Microbiological studies McGuire W. S. et al., Antibiot. Chemother. 1961, 11, 328.
- Tylosin, a new antibiotic. II. Isolation, properties, and preparation of desmycosin, a microbiologically active degradation product. Hamill R. L.et. al Antibiot. Chemother. 1961, 11, 328.
- The structure of tylosin Morin R. B. et al., Tet. Lett. 1970, 54, 4737.