$56.00 - 25 mg
$195.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 2-Hydroxytropone, NSC 89303, Purpurocatechol, α-Tropolone
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Tropolone, produced by Pseudomonas sp., is a 7-membered ring bearing hydroxy and carbonyl groups which provides a useful scaffold for chemical modification. Tropolone, the causal agent of seedling blight of rice, is a potent root growth and seed germination inhibitor at concentrations as low as 10 ppm. Tropolone has broad pharmacological profile, including insecticidal, antiviral, antibiotic, adrenergic and catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) inhibitory activities.
- Tropolone natural products. Guo H. et al. Nat Prod Rep. 2019, 36, 1137.
- Production of tropolone by a Pseudomonas. Lindberg G.D. ET AL. J Nat Prod. 1980, 43, 592.
- Phytogrowth-inhibitory activities of tropolone and hinokitiol. Inamori Y. Chem Pharm Bull. 1991, 39, 2378.