$96.00 - 25 mg
$336.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Zanosar, NSC85998, U9889, 1006-60
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Good water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Streptozotocin is an unusual aminoglycoside containing a nitrosoamino group produced by Streptomyces achromogenes and discovered in 1959 as an antibiotic. The nitrosoamino group enables the metabolite to act as a nitric oxide (NO) donor. NO is an important messenger molecule involved in many physiological and pathological processes in the body. Streptozotocin is also widely used to induce diabetes in rodent models by inhibition of β-cell O-GlcNAcase.
- Streptozotocin and its production. Bergy M. E. US Patent 3,027,300 1958.
- Studies on the diabetogenic action of streptozotocin. Rakieten N. et al., Cancer Chemother. Rep.1963, 29, 91.
- Nitric oxide generation from streptozotocin: Kwon N.S. et al., FASEB J. 1994, 8, 529.