$270.00 - 1 mg
$945.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Bruneomycin, Nigrin, Rufocromomycin, Valacidin, RP 5278
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in DMF or DMSO. Moderately soluble in methanol or ethanol. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Streptonigrin is an unusual aminoquinone with broad biological activity against bacteria, fungi, nematodes, viruses and tumor cells. Streptonigrin acts as a bioreductive agent, highly dependent on interactions with metal ions, notably iron, and plays an important role in free radical production through redox cycling of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1).
- Targeting NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1) in pancreatic cancer. Lewis A.M. Mol. Carcinogen. 2005, 43, 215.
- Enhanced cytotoxicity of bioreductive antitumor agents with dimethyl fumarate in human glioblastoma cells. Gu B. & DeAngelis L.M. Anticancer Drugs 2005, 16, 167.
- The effect of metal ions on the electrochemistry of the antitumor antibiotic streptonigrin. Anderberg P.I. J. Inorg. Biochem. 2004, 98, 720.