$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 3,5-Dimethoxy-4-hydroxycinnamic acid; 4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxycinnamic acid; NSC 59261; Sinapinic acid; Synapitic acid
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Sinapic acid is a common plant metabolite biosynthetically formed by degradation of lignin and lignocellulose. Sinapic acid is a member of the phenylpropanoid class of lignin biosynthetic precursors. The biochemical and pharmacological activity of sinapic acid has > 4,000 SciFinder entries and the area is well reviewed by Guzman (2014) and Sharma (2011). Sinapic acid is a useful standard for analytical and bioassay dereplication as a metabolite commonly encountered in microbial fermentations.
- Regulation of the production of hemicellulolytic and cellulolytic enzymes by a Streptomyces sp. growing on lignocellulose. Godden B. et al., J. Gen. Microbiol. 1989, 135, 285.
- Potential of endophytic fungus Phomopsis liquidambari for transformation and degradation of recalcitrant pollutant sinapic acid. Xie X-G. et al., Fungal Biol. 2016, 120, 402.
- Solid-state fermentation of rapeseed meal with the white-rot fungi Trametes versicolor and Pleurotus ostreatus. Zuchowski J. et al., Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 2013, 171, 2075.
- Cinnamic acid derivatives: A new chapter of various pharmacological activities. Sharma P., J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2011, 3, 403.