$309.00 - 1 mg
$1,082.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- (+)-Pyripyropene A, FO 1289A
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Pyripyropene A is a meroterpenoid isolated from Aspergillus fumigatus and published in 1993 by Omura and co-workers at The Kitasato Institute, Japan. Pyripyropene A has potent acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) and the isozyme sterol O-acyltransferase 2 (SOAT2) inhibitory activity, thus inhibiting the conversion of cholesterol to cholesteryl esters. Pyripyropene A is active against aphids in field trials and has weak insect anti-feedant activity.
- Pyripyropenes, highly potent inhibitors of acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase produced by Aspergillus fumigatus. Omura S. et al., J. Antibiot. 1993, 46, 1168.
- Pyripyropenes, novel inhibitors of acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase produced by Aspergillus fumigatus. II. Structure elucidation of pyripyropenes A, B, C and D. Kim Y.K. et al., J. Antibiot. 1994, 47, 154.
- Design and synthesis of A-ring simplified pyripyropene A analogues as potent and selective synthetic SOAT2 inhibitors. Ohtawa M. et al., Chem. Med. Chem. 2018, 13, 411.