$56.00 - 25 mg
$196.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- IPA, IPA (auxin), NSC 3252, NSC 47831
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Indole-3-propionic acid is a tryptophan metabolite long recognised as a plant growth regulator. Indole-3-propionic acid is produced by microbiota in the human gut, including Clostridium sporogenes. Indole-3-propionic acid is a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that binds to the pregnane X receptor in intestinal cells, thereby facilitating mucosal homeostasis and protecting against intestinal epithelial barrier damage. Indole-3-propionic acid is neuroprotective in vivo, inhibiting β-amyloid fibril formation. Indole-3-propionic acid inhibits the growth of E. coli in vitro via its ability to block endogenous tryptophan formation.
- Growth responses of various plants to 3-indolepropionic acid. Granick S. & Dunham H.W. Papers of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts and Letters 1937, 22, 69.
- Reactive oxygen intermediates, molecular damage, and aging. Relation to melatonin. Reiter R.J. et al. Ann NY Acad Sci. 1998, 854, 410.
- Indole-3-propionic acid inhibits gut dysbiosis and endotoxin leakage to attenuate steatohepatitis in rats. Zhoa Z-H. et al. Exp Molec Med. 2019, 51, 1.