$56.00 - 25 mg
$196.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 1H-Indole-3-methanal, 3-Formyl-1H-indole, 3-Formylindole, 3-Indolylformaldehyde
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Indole-3-carboxaldehyde is an endogenous metabolite of plants and is produced in humans by the metabolism of L-tryptophan in Lactobacillus and other gastrointestinal bacteria. Indole-3-carboxaldehyde is an immunomodulator, acting as an agonist of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor in human intestinal immune cells, stimulating the production of interleukin-22. Indole-3-carboxaldehyde contributes to plant defences against phytopathogenic fungi and modulates the quorum sensing pathway in V. parahaemolyticus in vitro to reduce biofilm formation. Indole-3-carboxaldehyde can be used as a biomarker for cardiometabolic risk in humans.
- Microbial metabolism of dietary components to bioactive metabolites: Opportunities for new therapeutic interventions. Zhang L.S. & Davies S.S. Genome Med. 2016, 8, 46.
- Trichoderma-induced plant immunity likely involves both hormonal- and camalexindependent mechanisms in Arabidopsis thaliana and confers resistance against necrotrophic fungus Botrytis cinerea. Contreras-Cornejo H.A. et al. Plant Signal Behav. 2011, 6, 1554.
- In vitro evaluation of indole-3-carboxaldehyde on Vibrio parahaemolyticus biofilms. Murugan R. et al. Biologia 2016, 71, 247—255.