$132.00 - 25 mg
$462.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Amudane, Grisovin, Curling factor, Gricin, Grifulvin, Grisactin, Fulcin, Norofulvin, Likuden, Idifulvin NSC 34533
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Griseofulvin is a spirobenzofuran produced by a number of Penicillium species, first isolated in the 1930s by Raistrick's group. Griseofulvin is a selective antifungal agent used to treat skin infections in animals and humans. Griseofulvin acts by binding to fungal tubulin and inhibiting the mitotic spindle. Griseofulvin's ability to bind to keratin is considered an important aspect of the metabolite's access to dermatophytic fungi. More recently, griseofulvin has become an important phenotypic marker in Penicillium taxonomy.
- Studies in the biochemistry of microorganisms. LX. Griseofulvin - a metabolic product of Penicillium griseofulvum Dierkx. Oxford A.E. et al., Biochem J. 1939, 33, 240.
- Griseofulvin inhibits fungal mitosis. Gull K. & Trinci A.P.J., Nature 1973, 244, 292.
- Penicillium subgenus Penicillium: new taxonomic schemes, mycotoxins and other extrolites. Samson R.A. & Frisvad J.C., Studies in Mycology 2004, 49, 257.