$56.00 - 5 mg
$196.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Gibberellin A3, (+)-Gibberellic acid, (+)-Gibberellin A3
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
Gibberellic acid (gibberellin A3) is a C19-gibberellin produced by higher plants and the rice pathogenic fungus Gibberella fujikori. The gibberellins have long been known as plant growth regulators. Gibberellins can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rates. Gibberellic acid interacts with other plant hormones, including abscisic acid, auxin, ethylene, and cytokinin, throughout the plant life cycle.
- Reversal of the light inhibition of pea stem growh by the gibberellins. Lockhart J.A. Proc Nat Acad Sci. 1956, 42, 841.
- Dormancy in seed of Charlock (Sinapsis arvenis L.). Early effects of gibberellic acid on the synthesis of amino acids and proteincs. Plant Physiol. 1976, 58, 626.
- Mechanisms of cross talk between gibberellin and other hormones. Weiss D. and Ori N. Plant Physiol. 2007, 144, 1240.