$59.00 - 5 mg
$207.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- 4',5,7-Trihydroisoflavone; Differenol A; NSC 36586; Prunetol; Sophoricol
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Genistein is an isoflavone found widely in legumes and other plant species. It is common in many microbial fermentations containing soy or other related plant-based extracts. Genistein has been very widely reported as an antibacterial, insect antifeedant and antitumor active. It also has oestrogenic, bond protective, antioxidant, and reverse transcriptase and tyrosine kinase inhibitory activity. More recently, genistein as a major component of soy products has gained acceptance as a nutraceutical. Genistein is an essential dereplication and bioassay standard in microbial natural product discovery.
- Bioactivity of genistein: A review of in vitro and in vivo studies. Ajaz Ahmad Ganai A.A. and Farooqi H., Biomed. Pharmacother. 2015, 76, 30.
- Current trends in isolation, separation, determination and identification of isoflavones: a review. Vacek J. et al., J. Separat. Sci. 2008, 31, 2054.
- Flavones and new isoflavone derivatives from microorganisms: Isolation and structure elucidation. Maskey R.P. et al., Zeit. Naturforsch. B: Chem. Sci. 2003, 58, 686.