$100.00 - 0.25 mg
$350.00 - 1 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- L-6-Diazo-5-oxonorleucine, L-DON, NSC 7365
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO
Download Data Sheets
6-Diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine is a glutamine antagonist originally isolated from Streptomyces sp. 6-Diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine has antitumor activity, disrupting the mitochondrial internal membrane structures of the neuroendocrine tumour cell line BON and causing DNA single-strand breaks. 6-Diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine acts synergistically with L-asparaginase to inhibit U251, U87, and SF767 glioblastoma cells.
- 6-Diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine, a new tumor inhibitory substance. II: Isolation and characterization. Dion H.W. et al. 1954 Antibiot Chemother. 1954, 78, 3075.
- A mechanism behind the antitumour effect of 6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine (DON): disruption of mitochondria. Wu F. et al. Eur J Cancer 1999, 35, 1155.
- DNA strand cleavage by tumor-inhibiting antibiotic 6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine. Hiramoto K. et al. Mutat Res. 1996, 360, 95.