$199.00 - 1 mg
$697.00 - 5 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Descarbamoylnovobiocin, Decarbamylnovobiocin, Novclobiocin 103
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO.
Download Data Sheets
Descarbamylnovobiocin is a member of the novobiocin aminocoumarin antibiotic family found as a minor co-metabolite of novobiocin fermentation and produced as an alkaline degradation product. Like novobiocin, descarbamylnovobiocin is an inhibitor of the bacterial type II topoisomerase, DNA gyrase. It is less effective than novobiocin in eliminating the wild-type plasmid pMG110 from E. coli.
- Decarbamoylnovobiocins. Wolf F.J. US Patent 2938899, 1960.
- Elimination of plasmid pMG110 from Escherichia coli by novobiocin and other inhibitors of DNA gyrase. Hooper D.C. et al., Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1984, 25, 586.
- Structure-activity relationships of aminocoumarin-type gyrase and topoisomerase IV inhibitors obtained by combinatorial biosynthesis. Flatman R.H. et al., Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2006, 50, 1136.