$105.00 - 25 mg
$368.00 - 100 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Ciclosporin, Ramihyphin A, OL 27-400, CyA, S 7481F1
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Cyclosporin A is a hydrophobic cyclic peptide isolated from several fungal species including Cylindrocarpon, Fusarium, Trichoderma and Tolypocladium. Cyclosporin A inhibits T-cell activation and has been marketed since 1983 as an immunosuppressant in post-allogeneic organ transplant. Cyclosporin A acts by binding to the protein, cyclophilin (immunophilin), in T-lymphocytes causing inhibition of calcineurin (protein phosphatase 2B). Cyclosporin A reduces transcription of interleukin 2, and inhibits lymphokine production, interleukin release and NO synthesis induced by interleukin 1α, lipopolysaccharides and TNFα.
- Cyclosporin A, ein immunsuppressiv wirksamer Peptidmetabolit aus Trichoderma polysporum. Ruegger A. et al., Helv. Chim. Acta 1976, 59, 1480.
- Pharmacology of cyclosporine (sandimmune). IV. Pharmacological properties in vivo. Borel J.F., Pharmac. Rev. 1989, 41, 259.
- Cyclosporin A mediates immunosuppression of primary cytotoxic T-cell responses by impairing the release of interleukin 1 and interleukin 2. Bunjes D. et al., Europ. J. Immun. 1981, 11, 657.