$100.00 - 5 mg
$350.00 - 25 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- Aquamycin, Butynesiamide, Lenamycin,
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Limited water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Cellocidin is a small neutral alkyne produced by a number of Streptomyces species, first discovered by Suzuki and colleagues in 1958. Cellocidin has a broad antibacterial, antifungal and antitumor profile due to its ability to react with endogenous thiols like cysteine and glutathione. Cellocidin occurs as a weak active in many bioassays using actinomycete crude extracts and is thus a useful standard for chemical and bioassay dereplication.
- Cellocidin, a new antibiotic. Suzuki S. et al., J. Antibiot. 1958, 11, 81.
- The structure of cellocidin. Suzuki S. & Okuma K. J. Antibiot. 1958, 11, 84.
- Antagonistic mechanism of sulfhydryl compounds on cellocidin activity. Yoneyama K. et al., J. Antibiot. 1978, 31, 065.