$209.00 - 0.10 mg
$732.00 - 0.50 mg
All prices in Australian dollars
- UCN 1028 C, PKF 115-384
- CAS #
- Molecular Formula
- Molecular Weight
- >95% by HPLC
- Long Term Storage
- Soluble in ethanol, methanol, DMF or DMSO. Poor water solubility.
Download Data Sheets
Calphostin C (PKF115-584) is a perylenequinione isolated from the fungus, Cladosporium cladosporioides. Calphostin C is a potent and specific inhibitor of protein kinase C (PKC), with inhibition being light dependent. Calphostin C inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in vitro. Calphostin C is an antagonist of Tcf4/b-catenin signalling, inhibiting the expression of survivin and inducing apoptosis in several tumor cell lines.
- Calphostins (UCN-1028), novel and specific inhibitors of protein kinase C. I. Fermentation, isolation, physico-chemical properties and biological activities. Kobayashi E. et al., J. Antibiotics, 1989, 42, 1470.
- Calphostins, novel and specific inhibitors of protein kinase C. II. Chemical structures. Kobayashi E. et al., J. Antibiotics, 1989, 42, 1475.
- Inhibition of protein kinase C by calphostin C is light-dependent. Bruns R.F. et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 1991, 176, 288.
- Small-molecule antagonists of the oncogenic Tcf/beta-catenin protein complex. Lepourcelet M. et al., Cancer Cell. 2004, 5, 91.